Tuesday, January 15, 2013

top-of-the-waves Tuesday and the contest prize reveal...

...it was a somewhat productive weekend.  So here we go in no particular order.

I baked Mexican Chocolate Brownies to take to Spin-In on Saturday and for a get-together on Sunday. They turned out very well and I'll be making them again sometime.

Mexican Chocolate Brownies 2


I finished the 10 project bags that I started a week ago. I shared some of them with the spinners at Spin-In, which was my original intention. (Another hide-in-plain-sight project!) Here are the 10 bags I finished:

10 project bags

I worked on a cross stitch project that has been hibernating since 2007. I'll post a progress picture tomorrow.

I made the stitch markers for the Blogiversary prize (see below).

I started spinning Navajo Turquoise, a merino top from the Yarn Wench.  I just realized that I don't have it logged into Ravelry yet. (oops!)  You can see it on her etsy site here. It's a lovely combination of turquoise, brown, and a bit or rose.


***7th Blogiversary Contest Reminder***

Leave a comment on my 1/7/13 post by the end of the day Wednesday 1/16 to enter the contest. The winner will be announced on Friday, 1/18.

The prize: One of these project bags and the set of 5 stitch markers.

Blogiversary prizes Blogiversary stitch markers prize

Good luck!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...