Thursday, January 17, 2013

WIP-it Thursday...

...because Wednesday got away from me!

As promised, here is the current state of Violet Needleroll (by Shepherd's Bush), one of my cross stitch WIPs:

Violet needleroll as of 01/16/13

I'm having a heck of a time getting into this WIP, or any WIP for that matter. When it's cold, all I want to do is curl up in several blankets and watch TV. No way am I putting my hands out in the cold air! It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't I freeze all day in my office. All I want to do when I get home is get warm! There's a reason I live in California...I don't do cold.

Here are the top 10 WIPs that I should be working on instead of watching TV:
  1. Violet Needle Roll (cross stitch) - Started February 2007 (see picture above).
  2. Midnight Rose Mitts [Ravelry](knitting) - I’m debating whether to complete this project. Originally I started it to use up the yarn leftover from the Midnight Botanical Cowl that I made for a friend. Now that Christmas is over, I can’t seem to get back into knitting them.
  3. Inkle training project [Ravelry] (weaving) - This project might stay on the WIPs list for a while. I'm using it to test different techniques, not for any specific finished object. Once I'm comfortable with the techniques, then I will warp for a "real" inkle project.
  4. Navajo Turquoise top (Merino) from Yarn Wench - started 1/12/13
  5. Royale top, 2 oz (Merino-Yak-Silk) top from A Verb for Keeping Warm (spinning) [Ravelry
  6. Oriental Dragonfly, Dimensions kit (embroidery) - very little left to do on this small picture. I should just finish it already!
  7. Pilgrim top, 2 oz (Merino-Tussah Silk) top from A Verb for Keeping Warm (spinning) [Ravelry]
  8. Recipe for Summer by Pine Mountain Designs (cross stitch) - It's hard to feel like summer when it's cold.
  9. Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint) - Need to remove the kinks from the Neon Rays ribbon so I can make progress on this picture.
  10. Happy Pumpkin Scissor Fob by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch) - Need to figure out where I cleverly stored this project.
The Blogiversary contest is closed for entries. Come back tomorrow to see who won the prize!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...