Friday, February 22, 2013

Eye Candy Friday, Stitches West edition...

...I'll get to the Stitches West stuff in a bit. First, the eye candy.

The flowering plum tree has gone completely bananas:

Flowering Plum

On the other hand, the apricot tree is just putting out a few random blossoms:

Apricot blossom

Thursday night, I went to the Stitches West market preview. I bought the flexible lace blocking wires I needed and Lo Lo Bars in Lemon EO scent. I bought some fiber from a new-to-me indie dyer and from a couple of other vendors. Two of my favorite vendors, KCL Woods and Brooks Farm, were not there this year. I was a little bummed as I was looking forward to seeing KCL's wood bowls and buying even more yarn from Brooks. Of course, there were plenty of other vendors with lovely yarn and tools!

The highlight of the night was meeting the designer of the Celestarium Shawl, Audrey Nicklin, and seeing her Celestarium shawl! It's not often you get to meet a knit designer and get to tell her in person how much you love her design and show her your version in process. Happy dance!

Today, I went to the market again to check out some of the vendors I didn't look at last night. I bought a little more fiber plus the yarn and pattern for a small shawl. I only spent a couple of hours, as I really wasn't looking for anything specific. 

I spent part of the afternoon taking photos of the new acquisitions. I need to make some adjustments and upload them to Flickr. I'll get them posted here soon.

Up this weekend: My friend Loretta and I are taking an all-day weaving class with Deborah Jarchow.  I need to wind the yarn tonight and get may class bag together.

On Sunday, I might swing by the market one last time and be there for the drawing at 1pm. I might decide to stay home to catch up on some chores. We'll see how I tired I am on Sunday morning...
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...