Friday, March 22, 2013

Eye Candy Friday...

...looking forward to a nice weekend! (Who am I trying to kid? I'm looking forward to the weekend, nice or not!)

The garden continues to bloom as the weather gets nicer.  the superbells are doing well:

Lemon Slice superbells

and the freesias are popping up everywhere. Front yard:

Purple freesia

Backyard:

Red freesias

The nectarine tress have been going full force:

Nectarine blossoms

while the cherry tree was a little late to the party:

Cherry blossoms

Love in the Mist is an odd little flower that is in one of the planters on the shelf outside the kitchen window:

Love in the Mist flower

Up this weekend: We've had a little set back with the new faucet installed in my bathroom. It decided to leak from the highest connection point. The Husband will try to fix it tomorrow. If he can't get it to stop, it's time to call in a plumber.

I ordered some polka dot fabric for the cat quilt from eQuilter.com. I received it yesterday and I think I can finish the quilt (or get very close to finished) this weekend.

I've auditioned 4 different edgings for my Celestarium shawl [Ravelry], 3 of which I like. However, none of them stand out as the clear winner for the shawl. Sigh... If I was more familiar with lace, I would try designing one. I may still give it a shot if I don't like the last 2 I want to try.

There are several more edgings that are possible, but they all seem to be in the book "Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls" by Martha Waterman. I have ordered the book from Amazon marketplace last week. My book has been shipped,  but it might not get here until April 3rd. (Don't you love estimated delivery date ranges that are 2 weeks long? Want.it.now!)

In the meantime, I'll keep knitting away on the shawl. I am halfway through round 137 of 157...getting closer to having to pick and edging!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...