Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Top-of-the-waves Tuesday...

...now with some finished objects!

I finished (read: washed and trimmed the fringe) the Log Cabin Scarf I wove in my Stitches West class. Here it is being modeled by Borg, my office moose:

Log Cabin Scarf in teal and white 2

It will be a great scarf for the snow, but a little too warm for around here. It's an interesting technique and I'm hoping to translate it into a table runner at some point.

I also finished the merino top I've been spinning since the January Spin-In. This is Navajo Turquoise:

Navajo Turquoise handspun

and the close-up:

Navajo Turquoise handspun, close up

Specs:
Started: 1/12/13;
Finished: 3/3/13;
Merino top from the Yarn Wench;
210.3 yds Chain ply, 14 WPI

I continue to make progress on the Celestarium shawl. I have just completed round 119 of 157. At this point, it's hard to tell how big it is as I can no longer stretch it out without popping it off of the needles. When I have completed the 157 rounds, I will make the decision about how wide to make the border. This shawl is very pretty now and I think a spiky border will really set it off.

Hmmm, I still need to post a recap...need to do that RSN (Real Soon Now).
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...