Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WIP-it Wednesday...

...Happy Spring!

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm auditioning edging for my Celestarium shawl. I added another pattern repeat to the sample last night, and I'm not in love with it. I think in a lighter weight yarn it would be fabulous, but I don't like the way the sock yarn looks in it. It's partially the yarn that I'm using for the sample. I really don't like the color combo. I think I'll do another repeat and then block it to see how it turns out. In the meantime, I'm on the lookout for another border, just in case.

I finished round 133 of 157, so only 24 more round to go before the edging! Woo hoo!  It's getting a little heavy to deal with at this point, but not too bad.  Here is what it looks like now:

Lacy in the Sky with Diamonds shawl, in progress

I have included a tape measure so you can see its approximate size. The pattern says it's 46-inches in diameter when complete. My shawl might not be that large, but I have no idea how it will block out. I'll just have to wait and see!

No other WIPs have been touched so far this week. I really need to at least look at them! LOL!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...