Wednesday, April 17, 2013

WIP-it Wednesday and the weekend report...

...it's been insane since last Friday.

The only weekend plans that went as scheduled were Spin-In and getting our taxes completed. We found out on Saturday that our niece Amanda was coming in for a visit and spending Monday night with us. Long story short: her business trip to SF was cancelled and she couldn't get a refund on her ticket, so she came anyway.

The rest of the weekend was a flurry of getting the house ready. That meant unearthing the extra bed and getting things cleaned up an put away in the Husband's office.  We did have a plan B in case we couldn't get that done (put the air bed in my studio), but it was good to get the office cleaned up. Basically, our weekend was spent cleaning, doing laundry, and getting things ready for our visitors.

Yup, that was plural: visitors.

Because Amanda was going to be in town, my mother, brother, and nephew drove up from Santa Maria to see her. And of course the Daughter came by to see them all. It was a seriously full house!  I worked part of Monday morning while I waited for my niece to arrive and then took the rest of Monday off. My mother had already arrived at my house by the time we go there.

We had a good visit...it had been too long since I'd seen my niece and way too long since my mother had seen her.  Yesterday, the Daughter picked up Amanda to spend time with her and get her to the airport for her flight home.

We're all exhausted from our whirlwind visit, but it was worth seeing how happy my mother was.

For today's WIP, here's proof that I actually do something else besides knit the Celstarium shawl. Here's bobbin #1 of the camel silk I started at March's Spin-In.

Tribe handspun, bobbin #1

I did a bit more on Saturday, but I really can't concentrate on it until I finish the shawl. I have finished 47 of the 72 repeats for the edging and have passed the 90% point. Only 25 more to go!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...