Friday, May 17, 2013

Eye Candy Friday...

...well, that week didn't quite go as planned. I planned on posting on Wednesday with a WIP picture. Then I planned on posting on Thursday because I didn't on Wednesday. Now it's Friday afternoon and the end of the work week can't some too soon for me!

I should clarify that it was not the week from he!! or anything. It was just really busy with a variety of HR and organizational tasks.  It was just one of those weeks where you've been productive and you don;t know how it could be the end of the day already!

On to the eye candy. The feijoa as gone nuts...there will be a ton of fruit again this year:

Feijoa madness

We have a new hydrangea in the backyard and this little guy was sunning himself this morning:

Another hydrangea, another hitchhiker

We also have some new flowers in a hanging basket under the apricot tree. I'm not sure what these are, but they are pretty:

Under the apricot tree

I took my Lacy in the Sky with Diamonds shawl to Spin-In for show-and-tell last weekend. Neo (the hosts' cat) loved my shawl:

This shawl inspected and approved by Neo

Up this weekend: I want to finish spinning the Royale yarn [Ravelry] and ply the latest Spin-In sampler singles. I want to continue making progress on Anasazi, my needlepoint WIP.

Mostly, I want to start knitting the new Audry Nicklin shawl called Southern Skies [Ravelry]. It is the night sky as seen from the South Pole!  Yeah, I know...the last one took me a while, but I really want to make the companion to my Celestarium shawl.  I'm doing it in purple. I have the yarn already wound and I have plenty of beads left from the other shawl. I'm almost done marking up the chart. The only thing I need to do is find where I cleverly stored the needles I used for Celestarium.

Want.To.Start.Now!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...