Thursday, May 02, 2013

WIPs on Thursday...

...I didn't work on anything last night! Now that I've finished two big projects, I'm having a heck of a time picking which WIPs to work on!

At Tuesdays' Craft Night, I spun a bit more of the Camel-Silk top that I've been trying to finish for the last couple of months. It was the easiest thing to work on...it's on the wheel and in my studio.

Last night in lieu of spinning some more, I cruised through a few of my stitching WIPs. I decided that I didn't want to work on any of them!  I did decide to finally IDJ (It's Dead, Jim) the Violet Needleroll. I just can't get past the awful linen. I'll put away the part that's stitched for posterity.

To help pick out the WIPs for rotation, I think a WIP Roll Call is in order.


WIPs Recently in Rotation (within the last month):
  1. Tribe handspun, Camel-Silk top from Greenwood Fiberworks [Ravelry]
  2. Pilgrim handspun, from A Verb for Keeping Warm [Ravelry]
  3. Royale handspun top, 2 oz (Merino-Yak-Silk) top from A Verb for Keeping Warm  [Ravelry]
Ongoing:
  •  Spin-In Fiber sampler: continuing; waiting for next Spin-In.
Waiting to be rotated in: 
  1. Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
  2. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Happy Pumpkin Scissor Fob by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch--still can't find where I put this!)
  4. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
  5. Mediterranean Mermaid by Mirabilia (cross stitch)
  6. Sea Foam Wrap (knitting) [Ravelry]
IDJ (It's Dead, Jim)
  • Violet Needle Roll (cross stitch)
Hibernating
  1. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  2. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  4. Seaweed Cardigan (knitting)  [Ravelry
WIPs To Be:
  1. A present for the Husband's brother who is getting married in August
  2. A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer
  3. A baby quilt for the next kid in our circle


Hmm, this list has a lot of spinning on it.  Maybe I should blast those out while I decide which non-spinning projects to rotate in.

OK, we have a plan...now to execute it!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...