Friday, June 28, 2013

last Eye Candy Friday for June...

...wow, that month went by fast! Nothing like being busy to make time fly!

Today we have yet-another unknown flower from our garden:

View from the top

The tomatoes are ripening:

Ripening tomatoes

and the sky on Tuesday was pretty amazing:

Evening sky 6/25/13

Up this weekend: Tour de Fleece starts tomorrow! I have my fiber ready to go and the bobbins are empty, just waiting for me to start. Here's what I'm going to try to spin this tour:

Tour de Fleece 2013 entries

It seems like a lot, but some of these batts weight only one ounce. One thing I'd like to try is spinning at least one art yarn. I've never just let myself follow the fiber to see where it will take me. The Yarn Wench's batts are an interesting mix of fibers and textures...perfect for an art yarn. We'll see if I'm that brave!

When my knees need a rest from all that treadling, I'll work on the baby quilt, the woven shawl, or the Southern Skies shawl.

I can't wait to get started!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...