Wednesday, June 05, 2013

WIP-it Wednesday and a sock club installment...

...first let's do the sock club installment.

My Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club installment arrived today. I've been kind of "meh" about the club this year mostly because I still haven't found my sock mojo. (If you find it, will you please show it the way home? Thanks!)

I am mildly interested in the "other" pattern this time, but the sock pattern does not appeal to me. The yarn color is OK. I think it might make a nice woven scarf if I decide not to make the "other" pattern. Anyway, here's the package behind the spoiler:

RSC 2013 Spoiler

On to the WIPs!

I finally took a picture of Anasazi:

Anasazi, as of 6/5/13

It's coming along, but I'm not in love with the dark teal ribbon. I think it's the wrong shade to go with the rest of the colors. Either that or the purple Rachel (outside borders) is off. At this point, I'm not changing it -- to replace either section means that I would have to cut out the stitched items and destroy $5+ of fibers.

Here's a WIP recap:

WIPs Recently in Rotation (within the last month):
  1. Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
  2. A Taste of Honey shawl (weaving) [Ravelry]
  3. The Sky is Purple and Full of Stars (Southern Skies) shawl [Ravelry].
  4. Zen 2 handspun top, 4 oz (Merino-Yak-Silk) top from Yarn Wench [Ravelry]
Ongoing:
  • Spin-In Fiber sampler: continuing; waiting for next Spin-In.
Waiting to be rotated in:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Happy Pumpkin Scissor Fob by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch--still can't find where I put this!)
  3. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
  4. Mediterranean Mermaid by Mirabilia (cross stitch)
  5. Sea Foam Wrap (knitting) [Ravelry]

Hibernating
  1. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  2. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  4. Seaweed Cardigan (knitting)  [Ravelry
WIPs To Be:
  1. A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer
  2. Baby presents for the next 2 kids in our circle
Onward!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...