Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WIP-it Wednesday...

...yeah, I forgot to post on Monday and Tuesday. Sigh...

The weekend report: I tested two gazpacho recipes, one red and one green. We decided that they were both yummy, so we're going to make both of them for the party.  The other bonus was that it was an easy way for me to eat my vegetables without having to eat yet-another-salad. Three years of eating salads for lunch and dinner really made me hate salads! Gazpacho, on the other hands, is very easy to est.

I managed to finish spinning bobbin #2 of the Zen handspun. Now I just need to ply it.

I also worked on the woven shawl for a few hours.  "Worked" is a relative term. I wove about two inches using the 3 weft yarns I chose and really didn't like the way it looked. The plain white wool stood out too much and made the shawl look a bit plaid-y. I unwove everything back to before the first white wool pick just after the Leno insert. I do like the way the white wool looks in the center of the Leno, so I kept that. I'm now using the Blue Heron Rayon Metallic and the Rowan Kidsilk Haze Glamour yarns as the weft. I'm much happier with the way it looks!

By far, the WIP that's getting the most play is The Night is Purple and Full of Stars (Southern Skies) shawl. I have finished chart D and have knit 50% of the increase row (#101). I'm going up a needle size for the increases and chart E to make it slightly more open on that portion of the shawl. Here's what if looks like so far:

The Night is Purple and Full of Stars shawl, as of 6/12/13

I'm very happy with the color and its slight variations, although it's hard to photograph the shawl to show the true purple.

Onward!
.


No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...