Thursday, June 27, 2013

WIP roll call, a couple of FOs, and TdF...

...yeah,  I missed WIP-it Wednesday. Clearly, I am not yet back in the blogging groove. Here's my latest list. As I gear up for Tour de Fleece, the list will change a bit.

WIPs Recently in Rotation (within the last month):

  1. Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
  2. A Taste of Honey shawl (weaving) [Ravelry]
  3. The Sky is Purple and Full of Stars (Southern Skies) shawl [Ravelry]
  4. Baby quilt for one of my "kids" (quilting)
Ongoing:
  • Spin-In Fiber sampler: We've spun all of the sampler fibers, but we have a couple of donated bumps to spin
Waiting to be rotated in:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Happy Pumpkin Scissor Fob by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch--still can't find where I put this!)
  3. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
  4. Mediterranean Mermaid by Mirabilia (cross stitch)

Hibernating
  1. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  2. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  4. Seaweed Cardigan (knitting)  [Ravelry
WIPs To Be:
  1. A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer
  2. Baby present for our niece
In all of the party craziness, I forgot to report on 2 completed items! Here is the Zen 2 handspun [Ravelry]:

Zen 2 handspun

and a close up:

Zen 2 handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 5/11/13
Finished 6/15/13
Fiber: Zen 2 top, 4 oz (Merino-Yak-Silk) top from Yarn Wench
249.4 yds chain-ply 12 WPI

I also repurposed a long-standing WIP into a finished object. This is the Sea Foam Cowl [Ravelry] as modeled by Teddy:

Sea Foam Cowl modeled by Teddy

Specs:
Started: 9/15/2008
Finished: 6/15/2013
Pattern: Sea Foam by Sheryl Thies from the book "Ocean Breezes: Knitted Scarves Inspired by the Sea"
Yarn: Duet by Brooks Farm Yarn

This was supposed to be a shawl. I completely love the look of it and the yarn,  but really hated the process. I just couldn't face knitting any more YO/drop combinations!  I had enough on the needles to make a cowl, so...  Anyway, it's done and off of my list!

I'm just about ready for Tour de Fleece. I have my theme: I'm spinning all batts. I have joined my teams: Team Spinnity (our Spin-In group), Team Spinning Purls (Purlescence group), and Team Greenwood Fiberworks (a great Etsy vendor I discovered at Stitches West). I just need to clean and lubricate my wheel and I'm good to go!

So ready to do some serious spinning!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...