Friday, July 12, 2013

Eye Candy Friday...

...and it's also a F.O. Friday.  First up the eye candy.

I planted some new flowers in the courtyard.  Red dianthus:

Red dianthus

Vinca:

Vinca

Marigold:

Marigold

I finished Witches Tresses handspun:

Witches Tresses handspun

and a close up:

Witches Tresses handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 7/9/13
Finished 7/12/13
Witches Tresses batts (4.3 oz) from Shooting Yarn
singles plied with green thread;
214.1 yds 10 WPI

This is day 2 of my crafting vacation. So far I have finished the handspun above, sewed about 80% of the baby quilt top, cleaned my house, planted some flowers, picked tomatoes, and cleaned up my courtyard. It's been a productive 2 days!

I also made myself a stellar dinner last night of t-bone steak, quinoa, and colache (Mexican-style zucchini). Yummy!!

Up this weekend: I'm hosting Spin-In tomorrow, so I need to bake something.  I need to pick up my studio a bit and vacuum it...there are little bits of green angelina all over from the Witches Tresses handspun.

After that, its on to finishing up the baby quilt.  The baby for whom it is intended  was born on Wednesday, so I need to finish this up soon so I can mail it. Then I need to get serious about weaving the shawl as the wedding is fast approaching!

Other than that, it's more spinning for Tour de Fleece and knitting Southern Skies.

I love vacation!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...