Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Tour de Fleece Day 3 & 4...

...on WIP-it Wednesday.

Day 3:
I finished the Blue Fortune handspun:

Blue Fortune handspun

Specs:
Started 6/30/13;
Finished 7/1/13
Mostly Blue Wheel of Fortune batt (1 oz);
Chain-plied with beads;
37.2 yds, 10 WPI

Day 4:
I spun the singles for Purple Fortune:

Purple Fortune singles

and I spun the singles for Red Fortune:

Red Fortune singles

I don't think I'll ply these singles yet. My current thought is to spin the singles of the last one-ounce batt after work tonight and then ply all three tomorrow, making the most of my holiday. Also, I think the red singles are crying out for beads and sequins. If I decide to go that route, I'll string the embellishments on Sulky thread before I start plying, a time-consuming task all by itself.

I also got a chance to knit a couple of rounds on the Southern Skies shawl. I'm finishing up round 120 of 158. Still a long way to go!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...