Friday, July 19, 2013

Tour de Fleece, Days 20 and 21 plus Eye Candy Friday...

...a little late tonight, but at least I remembered!

First, the eye candy. Some marigolds:

Marigolds

an unknown pink flower in our backyard:

It's pink

and Miss Sombra watching me weave today.

Sombra, keeping cool

Tour de Fleece, Day 20:
I core-spun another batt and then plied it with a variegated thread. This is Crashing Surf handspun:

Crashing Surf handspun

and the close up:

Crashing Surf handspun, close up

Specs:
Started and finished 7/18/13;
Crashing Surf Wild Card Bling batt (3.2 oz) from Yarn Wench;
core-spun single plied with green and white variegated thread;
31.6 yds bulky

Day 21:
I spent the morning quilting the baby quilt.

Next I spun another wild card batt from the Yarn Wench--I'm calling it Wild and Natural. I spun it as a regular single. I'll two-ply it tomorrow.

Wild and Natural singles

After I finished the singles, I wove a few inches on the shawl. I'm on the home-stretch and should finish it soon.

Up this weekend: Cram is as much crafting as I can!  Tour de Fleece ends Sunday and I think I can finish at least one more batt in addition to plying Wild and Natural.

The Husband is coming home on Sunday. I hope he has had a great a vacation as I have!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...