Wednesday, July 24, 2013

WIP-it Wednesday...

...in which there are no spinning WIPs!  I'm taking a little break from spinning after 23 days of it. My knees will appreciate it!

It's been a while since I did a WIP roll call, and to be honest, I can't remember everything that was on my list! At least I have a couple of pictures to show you.

WIPs in Rotation:
  • A Taste of Honey shawl (weaving) [Ravelry] - Finished the weaving and took off the loom.  I've washed it in preparation for fringing. I also need to cut off the loose ends.  I love the little sequin surprises that appear randomly in the shawl.
A Taste of Honey shawl
  • The Sky is Purple and Full of Stars (Southern Skies) shawl [Ravelry] - I'm 50% done; working on round 131 of 158. It does not look significantly different than the last picture I posted.
     
  • What Do You See in the Sea? quilt for one of my "kids" (quilting) - Need to finish the machine quilting and bind it.
What Do You See in the Sea? quilt

Waiting to be rotated in:
  1. Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
  2. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Happy Pumpkin Scissor Fob by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch--still can't find where I put this!)
  4. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
  5. Mediterranean Mermaid by Mirabilia (cross stitch)

Hibernating
  1. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  2. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  4. Seaweed Cardigan (knitting)  [Ravelry
WIPs To Be:
  1. A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer
  2. Baby present for our niece - I have a plan and will rotate this in when I finish the other baby quilt.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...