Tuesday, September 10, 2013

all signed up for Stitches West!

Registration opened today at 7am Pacific time. And you know I was right there, ready and waiting for it to go live!

My weaving friend and I signed up for the ETC workshop called "Playing with Pick Up!"  ETC workshops are two-days long and we are looking forward to learning all we can from our favorite weaving teacher, Deborah Jarchow.

We had a wonderful dinner with the Daughter on Saturday. We walked around Jack London Square for a bit before heading to the restaurant. She is quite fortunate to have a wonderful view from her apartment of the Bay Bridge--at night the lights are gorgeous!

On Sunday, we walked the entire Mountain View Art and Wine Festival. As usual, we did not buy anything.  It was very hot and crowded. We were very happy to get into an air conditioned car for the drive home!

I finished the machine quilting of the first baby quilt, sewed on the binding and added the label. I'm not in the process of burying all the loose threads. I should be able to mail this out this week! Then it's time to start the next one...

So, let's play a little catch up. My birthday was last week and I received a few birthday presents. :) The Husband went to the Kings Mountain Festival and bought me some wonderful camel-silk top from Schafenfreude Fibers.  This one reminds me of the mountains:

Blue camel silk top

and this one reminds me of sunset:

Orange camel-silk top

I bought a couple of things for myself from Yarn Wench. A Naturals Matte Batt:

Naturals Matte Batt 3

...and Verdant Art Rolags

Verdant Art Rolags

And the best present? My new Fit in Midnight Plum Metallic! Love this car!



My first installment of the Rockin' Whorl Club (Blue Moon Fiber Arts fiber club) arrived last week:

Rockin' Whorl Club, August 2013

Yes, it's bright and not my typical colors. It's an 8-ounce bump...that's a lot of fiber to spin when you're not fond of the color-combo. Have to think about this one.

Back tomorrow with an updated WIPs list!
.

No comments:

Another Finished Object...

 ...yay! I finished the first yarn on my new Lendrum DT. I tried a 2-ply and it turned out OK. Using the plying head was not as smooth...