Friday, September 06, 2013

Eye Candy Friday...

...for a short week, it sure was long!

My pictures this week are from our quick trip to Santa Maria to attend a funeral. I didn't say anything last week for a number of reasons. Suffice it to say that my mother is a widow again.

The sunrise on Saturday was pretty awesome:

Santa Maria sunrise 8/31/13

She received a beautiful arrangement of flowers in deep colors:

Alstroemeria

Color and light

Deep pink edged flowers

The Husband's chile peppers are producing like crazy. Orange chiles:

Orange chile peppers 1

And red ones:

Red chile peppers 2

During the drive to and from my Mom's, I managed to finish a WIP. This is Lamb by Shepherds Bush:

Lamb
Specs:
Started 9/2004? (I bought it in 8/2004--this is my best guess);
Finished 8/31/2013;
Shepherd's Bush Monthly Musing;
No chart variations.

Up this weekend: My birthday was earlier in the week, but we're celebrating it on Saturday. We're going to dinner with the Daughter and I'm really looking forward to it.

On Sunday, we'll go to the Mountain View Art and Wine festival. This is my favorite of all the festivals.

My biggest goal is to finish one baby quilt (What Do You See in the Sea?) so I can start on the next one!  My dreams of starting the next weaving piece will have to go on hold for now.

If it gets way too hot to work on the quilt,  I'll swap to a knitting or stitching project.

Laundry and errands need to fit in there somewhere...
.

No comments:

Another Finished Object...

 ...yay! I finished the first yarn on my new Lendrum DT. I tried a 2-ply and it turned out OK. Using the plying head was not as smooth...