Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WIP-it Wednesday and a finish...

...I finished the What Do You See in the Sea? quilt! Here's the first look:

What Do You See in the Sea? quilt, first look

Specs:
Started 6/23/13;
Completed 9/10/13;
Under the Sea kit from The Granary, with slight modifications to layout and borders.

On to the WIPs: I've changed what's  in the rotation. I got tired of feeling twitchy about Anasazi and rotated it out for now. After completing a couple of cross stitch pieces, I added a mermaid to the rotation. I have a couple of Halloween cross stitch pieces to add to the rotation, but I'm waiting for some supplies.

WIPs in Rotation:
  1. The Sky is Purple and Full of Stars (Southern Skies) shawl [Ravelry] - I'm 72% done. I have completed 6 of 58 edging repeats. It's a looooooong haul
  2. Mediterranean Mermaid by Mirabilia (cross stitch)
  3. Bunnies and Duckies and Bears, Oh My! quilt - I’ve selected the fabrics and sent an order for one more yard of coordinating fabric. It’s for my great-niece who will greet the world in December.
Waiting to be rotated in:
  1. Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
  2. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
Hibernating
  1. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  2. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  4. Seaweed Cardigan (knitting)  [Ravelry
WIPs To Be:
  1. A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer
  2. Halloween cross stitch piece - waiting for supplies
.

No comments:

Another Finished Object...

 ...yay! I finished the first yarn on my new Lendrum DT. I tried a 2-ply and it turned out OK. Using the plying head was not as smooth...