Wednesday, September 25, 2013

WIP-it Wednesday, roll call...

...updating what's in the current rotation.

WIPs in Rotation:

1. The Sky is Purple and Full of Stars (Southern Skies) shawl [Ravelry] - 75% complete. I have completed 10 of 58 edging repeats and I've done half of #11.

The Night is Purple and Full of Stars edging

2. Mediterranean Mermaid by Mirabilia (cross stitch) - It doesn't look like much right now, but I'm please with it so far. I found an error and had to rip out and rework one are. It wasn't too bad and I'm back on track.

Mediterranean Mermaid, as of 9/24/13

3. Bunnies and Duckies and Bears, Oh My! quilt (quilting) - I pieced the top, sandwiched it, and started the machine quilting. I had a small setback when I realized the the panel was cut in such a way that it was not the same width as the pink and green block row. I ended up replacing the yellow and white polka dot sashing with white and pink polka dot fabric. A little more work than I wanted to do, but it works OK and meant that I could use the block rows with very little modification.

Bunnies and Duckies and Bears, Oh My! quilt

4. Bulb by Shepherd's Bush - about 30% complete (cross stitch) - it's coming along nicely. I love working on this fabric...it's a nice break from the linen I'm using for the mermaid.

Bulb, as of 9/24/13

5. Pretty in Pink (Pink Layered batt)  singles and Windsor Denim and Chocolate singles (spinning) - Started at September's Spin-In and have not touched them since. No pictures yet.

Waiting to be rotated in:
  1. Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)- Technically it's still on hold, but I actually did a little work on it last week.
  2. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
Hibernating
  1. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  2. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  4. Seaweed Cardigan (knitting)  [Ravelry
WIPs To Be:
  1. A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer
  2. Halloween cross stitch piece - just waiting for the fabric. I have everything else!

No comments:

Another Finished Object...

 ...yay! I finished the first yarn on my new Lendrum DT. I tried a 2-ply and it turned out OK. Using the plying head was not as smooth...