...two for the price of one First the eye candy.
The sky was interesting last Sunday:
The husband planted a bunch of flowers in the backyard after he removed the dying tomato plants. A yellow and orange flower of unknown variety:
The finished object is the Bunnies and Duckies and Bears, Oh My! baby quilt:
Baby Pinups pattern and fabrics from Windham Fabrics
Changed out the yellow and white polka dot separators with white and pink polka dot fabric due to a panel cutting error.
This was a personal best for me in terms of completion time. The start date is the day I cut fabric and the end date is the day I finished embroidering the last animal name. I'm very happy with the way it turned out!
Up this weekend: Saturday's task will be to get the studio back in order and vacuum up all those stray bits of thread and fabric from the last two quilts.
I need to order more comic book backers so I can make mini-bolts out of the remaining fabric cuts. Of course, I'm out of room in my fabric storage area, so I need to think about how I can move one of the fabric drawers out to gain more space. That means finding a place to store the contents of said fabric drawer somewhere else. That could be an issue!
I need to press the baby quilt and wrap it up to take to the baby shower on Sunday. That will take a good portion of the day. If I have any "day" left, I'll do some cross stitching.
I'm still itching to start a pair of socks for Socktoberfest. Hmmm, maybe I'll stash dive after Saturday's cleanup and see what I have that is Halloween/Day of the Dead oriented....that will be a nice treat for cleaning up the studio!
...leading into a 3-day weekend and a short work week ahead because Stitches West!! The daffodils are blooming in our front yard: And...
...not a lot of progress is happening right now. And it's started raining again, so not outside photo shoots until that stops. All I r...
...first one for September. Things are winding down in the garden. Our cherry tomato plant is in peak production mode. The abutilon i...
I'm struggling a bit to get the new layout to do the things I want it to do (like make linkable buttons to my KALs in the side bar, us...