Friday, October 04, 2013

F.O. and Eye Candy Friday...

...two for the price of one First the eye candy.

The sky was interesting last Sunday:

Sunrise 9/29/13

The husband planted a bunch of flowers in the backyard after he removed the dying tomato plants. A yellow and orange flower of unknown variety:

Winding down

Blue pansy:

Blue pansy


Lavender pansy:

Lavender pansy

Purple pansy:

Purple pansy

The finished object is the Bunnies and Duckies and Bears, Oh My!  baby quilt:

First Look: Bunnies and Duckies and Bears, Oh My!

Specs:
Started 9/15/2013
Finished 10/2/2013
Baby Pinups pattern and fabrics from Windham Fabrics
Changed out the yellow and white polka dot separators with white and pink polka dot fabric due to a panel cutting error.

This was a personal best for me in terms of completion time. The start date is the day I cut fabric and the end date is the day I finished embroidering the last animal name. I'm very happy with the way it turned out!

Up this weekend: Saturday's task will be to get the studio back in order and vacuum up all those stray bits of thread and fabric from the last two quilts.

I need to order more comic book backers so I can make mini-bolts out of the remaining fabric cuts. Of course, I'm out of room in my fabric storage area, so I need to think about how I can move one of the fabric drawers out to gain more space. That means finding a place to store the contents of said fabric drawer somewhere else. That could be an issue!

I need to press the baby quilt and wrap it up to take to the baby shower on Sunday. That will take a good portion of the day. If I have any "day" left, I'll do some cross stitching.

I'm still itching to start a pair of socks for Socktoberfest. Hmmm, maybe I'll stash dive after Saturday's cleanup and see what I have that is Halloween/Day of the Dead oriented....that will be a nice treat for cleaning up the studio!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...