The Southern Skies shawl has been getting the most play lately. It's been so cold that all I want to do is snuggle under a blanket. The shawl is easy to work on when I'm bundled up. I just finished edging repeat number 41 of 58. More than 2/3rds done...YAY!
The Mediterranean Mermaid is on a temporary hold until after Thanksgiving. Here's what she looks like now:
I'll stitch her face before going back to the hundreds of brown stitches in her hair. I'm trying not to get bored with all that brown so I can continue forward progress.
The biggest WIP of all is Thanksgiving dinner. Tomorrow's schedule is full.
- Go to the grocery store early to get all of the veggies and fruit I need.
- Get Mr. Turkey into the dry brine
- Make the sides: dressing/stuffing; mashed potatoes; sweet potato casserole; jello mold (The Husband's mom likes that); gravy
- Bake desserts: pumpkin pies; cranberry cake; apple-pear galette (if there's time)
- Make Spinach dip (for Thursday and Friday)
It took all weekend, but house is as clean as I can get it. There are a few last minute things to clean up, but nothing we can't handle on Thursday morning.
Mom thinks she's arriving in the 10am time frame, so I know she'll pitch in wherever.
I haven't cooked for my family in years...I'm really looking forward to this!