Friday, January 17, 2014

Eye Candy Friday and a contest reminder...

...and I have no new pictures to show today. The yard is pretty bleak right now and now with a drought emergency declared, it might continue to be that way.

I feel the need for ocean, so I'm recycling some pictures we took in Carmel and Monterey in 2008.

This is the beach at Carmel:

Carmel Beach

and a lone gull:

Seagull at Carmel

Up this weekend: No specific plans for me. The Husband has a day trip planned for Saturday, so I'll be in my studio all day. I'm making great progress on the mermaid and I want to keep up the momentum.

I'll also continue to work on the hat an the new shawl. Because the hat is pretty mindless knitting, I've discovered that I can knit and read at the same time. Yes! I won't get as bored this way and make a dent in those 7.75 inches that I need to knit.

Given that I really need ocean right now, maybe I try to convince the Husband to take a day trip for our anniversary next weekend. Monterey isn't that far away...



CONTEST REMINDER!!
Leave a comment on my 1/6/14 post by Midnight PST, Monday 1/20/14.

We'll draw the winner's name out of a hat on Tuesday, 1/21/14.

The prize: 1 skein of Socks That Rock Lightweight in Fleur de couleur.
.

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

Just scrolled thru a bunch of your older blogs.. I'd seen the one of your "shawl" but hadn't (at the time) really paid enough attention to it, gosh Marie, that is a masterpiece! How it the world did your "eyes" allow you to get such fine work done. It's a masterpiece of all masterpieces for sure.. Love the beads in it! Glad you had a day of peace yesterday!! Hope today brings a joyful day of time spent with John!

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...