Friday, February 21, 2014

Eye Candy Friday, Stitches-West style...

...my feet are a little tired, but my fibery-self is very happy.

First, let's do the eye candy. The roses are blooming in the front yard:

Rose in the morning

and the apricot tree is getting more and more blooms:

Apricot Blossom 1

Another:

Apricot Blossoms 2

Stitches West, Thursday: After picking up my badge,  I started knitting a hat while I waited for the Market Preview to start. I turned in the 3 hats I knit for Halos of Hope first thing. Then I started working down my list of items to buy the first night. Vendors frequently bring limited number of certain items, so if you don't get one the first night, you might not get one at all. I wanted a mug mat kit from Buffalo Wool, a vampire sock kit from Knitter's Brewing Co, and a couple of Alpaca-patterned Baggu bags from Mimi's.  Score on all of them!

After that I got fiber from some of my favorite vendors: Lisa Souza, Greenwood Fiberworks (mmmm, Camel-Silk), Royale Hare, and Ranch of the Oaks. I also got the yarn I needed for my weaving class.

Today I went back to the market to look at some of the booths that I missed and to finish up the passport game that a group of vendors was running. I got a few more bumps of fiber: Dragonfly Fibers, Sassy Sheep, Faerie Mountain Fibers, and Forbidden Woolery.

Up this weekend: I'll probably skip the market tomorrow. Saturday is usually a complete zoo--people everywhere--and I don't have anything specific that I need.  I'll start taking photos of my new treasures and get them loaded into Ravelry. I also need to prep my loom for the class that starts Sunday.

It's a 2-day weaving class with my favorite teacher, Deborah Jarchow. I'll do my last pass in the market at lunchtime on Sunday and that will be that.

I'm not sure whether I'll be able to finish another hat for Halos of Hope, but I'm going to try!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...