Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Two for Tuesday...

...yeah, didn't think I'd do this two weeks in a row either!  I finished two more items for the Ravellenic Winter Games.

I spent a good part of my weekend working on these two projects. First off, another hat for Halos of Hope. This is Basic Chocolate Hat [Ravelry] entered in the Hat Halfpipe and Charity Curling events:

Basic Chocolate Hat

Specs:
Started 2/11/14;
Finished 2/17/14;
Pattern: Basic Hat from Lion Brand yarn;
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in Chocolate
Made for Halos of Hope

I'm still working down my Stitches West 2011 fiber acquisitions. This is Amazonia handspun [Ravelry] entered in the Flying Camel Spin event:

Amazonia handspun

and the close-up:

Amazonia handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 2/13/14;
Finished 2/17/14;
Zen top (4oz) from Lisa Souza;
219.6 yds chain-ply; 15 WPI

I didn't get as much done on the Mermaid's beading, but I did manage to work on it for a couple of hours.

My hands hurt and my knees are sore from treadling, so I'm going to take a day or so off before I try for one more Ravellenic project. It will probably be another hat that I can work on during my down time at Stitches West.

I can't wait for Market Preview on Thursday. I still need to finish marking my map and decide which tote bag to take. I found my badge holder and it still had address labels in the back pocket, so I'm good there.

SO excited that it's almost here!!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...