Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Top-of-the-waves Tuesday...

...I probably won't be posting again until Friday, if then. A lot depends on how I'm feeling by then.

I worked on the mermaid over the weekend. I scared myself, thinking I'd lost some of the Mill Hill Treasures for her. After a lot of searching, I finally found the bead packet. Whew! I really didn't want to order another packet because it would take too long to get here.

At Spin-In, I started spinning a Sparkle Roving from Greenwood Fiberworks [Ravelry]. I bought it at Stitches West 2014. I spun about 2 ounces

I've been working on a stealth project. Enough said...

I finished spinning something I started at January's Spin-In. This is Denim:

Denim handspun

and a close-up:

Denim handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 1/11/14;
Finished 3/9/14;
Alpaca-Merino top (5.5 oz) from Ranch of the Oaks;
275.4 yds. chain-ply; 11 WPI

Nothing else has received any play. I hope to get back to a rotation schedule within the next couple of weeks.

I'm going to try not to freak out as much with this surgery as I did the last. Still, no one really wants to have surgery, do they?

See you on the flip side.
.

No comments:

Another Finished Object...

 ...yay! I finished the first yarn on my new Lendrum DT. I tried a 2-ply and it turned out OK. Using the plying head was not as smooth...