Friday, March 07, 2014

WIP-it Wednesday, sort of...

***Somehow this did not get posted on Wednesday like it should have...posting it now***

...I just posted my recap and it lists all of my WIPs and UFOs, so I'm not repeating them in this post.

Instead, how about a couple of completed objects? I listed them on the recap, but I haven't posted any pictures yet.

I finished hat #4 for Halos of Hope. I will drop if off at Purlescence Yarns for delivery. This is Lacy Blue Hat [Ravelry] (it's a little more blue IRL).

Lacy Blue Hat

Specs:
Started 2/20/14;
Finished 2/25/14;
Pattern: Lace-Edged Women's Hat by Julie Hentz;
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in blue;
For Halos of Hope

Here is the second class project for the "Playing with Pcik Up Sticks" class (Deborah Jarchow) I took at Stitches West ETC.

Weaving Class: Lacy Scarf 2

and a closer look:

Weaving Class: Lacy Scarf 1

Specs:
Lacy Scarf
Started 2/24/14; Finished 3/2/14;
Yarn: Cascade Heritage Silk in dark purple and purple
Warp: Length 80 inches, 10 dpi, 68 ends
Weft: 10 ppi
Finished: 48" long x 6" wide (did not use all of the warp length)

If I had it to do over, I would have made the weave a bit tighter. Even though I was close to the desired 10ppi, I would have been happier if it was closer to 8 ppi.  It just feels a little loose to me.

I have started another stealth project that can't yet reveal, but it's coming along nicely.
 

No comments:

Another Finished Object...

 ...yay! I finished the first yarn on my new Lendrum DT. I tried a 2-ply and it turned out OK. Using the plying head was not as smooth...