Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Top-of-the-waves Tuesday...

...it's been that kind of a day.

Saturday was spent doing laundry and some other chores. I make another art yarn from a Yarn Wench Bling Batt. It's resting for a few days before I wash it. I also finished the beading on the mermaid's top fins. Next I'll work on the beading on the torso and head--still a long way to go!

Our Sunday with the Daughter was wonderful. She lives relatively close to Lake Merritt in Oakland and frequently runs there. I'd never been there, so we decided to walk around the lake.  It was a 5 mile walk all together...3 miles around the lake and a 2-mile round trip to her place. It's a lot more walking than I'm used to, but it was nice.

Lots of people were out enjoying the good weather and their Easter picnics. We grabbed a late lunch at Whole Foods and sat by the lake to eat.

In the last couple of days, I've managed to knit a few rows on the socks. I'm getting closer to the end!

I finally got my new glasses yesterday and I can read with them! Hooray! I'm hoping that I can make faster progress on the mermaid now.

Onward!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...