What I can show you is the batt that became an art yarn over the weekend. This is Tribe, a Wild Card Bling Batt from the Yarn Wench.
According to the seller's description, it is 4.3 oz. and contains:Falkland wool top, kid mohair, BL BFL wool locks, sari silk, nylon firestar, cotton batik fabric strips, sari silk ribbon, silk chiffon sari ribbon, alpaca.
Here's the latest WIP Roll Call.
WIPs in rotation
- Carbonized Zombie Socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
Went down a needle size and I'm happier with the fit. About 75% done.
- Inkle strap training project (weaving) [Ravelry]
I'm about 75% done with the strap.
- Mediterranean Mermaid by Mirabilia, originally started 11/6/11; restarted 9/1/13 (cross stitch)
Finished beading the swirls from the back fins. Next is the torso and hands.
- Rockefeller Moon shawl [Ravelry]
I'm at the "2 steps forward, 3 steps backward" stage. Still not loving the wrap-and-turn. I'll be knitting along just fine and then look back at what I've finished. The W&Ts are very obvious and I rip out what I've just knit. [sigh]
I'm going to try an alternate method that a friend sent me. If that doesn't work, I might have to consider knitting something else with this yarn.
Works In Progress, did not work on:
- Anasazi by Susan Portra (needlepoint)
- Hive by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch)
- Love scissor fob by Shepherd's Bush (cross stitch)
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
- Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
WIPs To Be:
- A wall hanging (weaving) using the natural color handspun I did last summer.
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.