...it was a productive weekend.
The vacuum monster and I took care of the rugs on Saturday. After a Target run for new sheets and towels, I spent the rest of the day doing laundry and organizing my DMC floss stash.
I was really supposed to be pulling the floss for the next mermaid, but that required going through everything. This time I used zip locks to organize the skeins by number group so it will be easier to look for colors next time. I really need to stop buying duplicate colors! I already have way too many skeins of certain colors (do I really need 6 skeins of Christmas red?).
As it turned out, I only needed to buy 3 additional skeins for the mermaid, meaning that I had 25 of the required 28 skeins in my stash. Cool!
On Sunday, I finished plying Bloomfield Blues. Here it is:
and the close up:
Bloomfield Blues Alpaca-Silk top (4 oz) from Royal Hare;
437.4 yds 2-ply, 20 WPI
It's quite soft and just slightly energized. It might relax a bit after it's washed.
I'll continue spinning Monarch when I get to the wheel.
No time for quilting or weaving this weekend. The floss project took entirely too long!
...and a finished object. I decided to do an art yarn for Ravellenics after all. This is Peacock Shades handspun [ Ravelry ]: and the...
...not a lot of progress is happening right now. And it's started raining again, so not outside photo shoots until that stops. All I r...
...first one for September. Things are winding down in the garden. Our cherry tomato plant is in peak production mode. The abutilon i...
...and the weekend report. In a nutshell, the weekend was catch-up chores and a little bit of weaving. There was so much catch-up to do! W...