Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Hello, July...

...you snuck right in there, didn't you?

It's WIP-it Wednesday, And it's a new month so I need to do a recap post. And, Tour de Fleece starts this weekend! Whoa... guess I better decide what I'm spinning RSN (Real Soon Now).

First the WIP. I became pretty obsessed with the Stuck in Neutral [Ravelry] wall hanging over the weekend. The only other project that got any play was my spinning WIP.

I finished the weaving portion of the wall hanging and now I'm just embellishing. I wanted to incorporate some beads made from natural materials, but it was too hard to do while weaving. I'm now going back to the areas where I want beads and adding them in. I spun a thin single from some leftover cream Corriedale and I'm using that to add the beads in the light areas. I split a length of 2-ply brown handspun to use in the darker areas.

So this is what it looks like at the moment:

Stuck in Neutral wall hanging, as of 7/2/14

and a couple of shots of the beads:

Carved wood bead in wall hanging

and

Mother of Pearl bead in wall hanging

You'll see an unwoven area in a couple of the pictures. I am wrapping 3 warp threads together in handspun Finn. I haven't gotten very far in this process because it's time-consuming. I might add beads to that section, too, but I haven't decided yet.

WIP Roll Call
WIPs in Rotation:

  1. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
    no progress
  2. Stuck in Neutral wall hanging (weaving) [Ravelry]
    Off the loom and embellishing
  3. Stormy Affection (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Still working on the second (striped) section. Slow going...boring knitting
  4. Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
    no progress

UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  3. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry
  4. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)

WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...