It's WIP-it Wednesday, And it's a new month so I need to do a recap post. And, Tour de Fleece starts this weekend! Whoa... guess I better decide what I'm spinning RSN (Real Soon Now).
First the WIP. I became pretty obsessed with the Stuck in Neutral [Ravelry] wall hanging over the weekend. The only other project that got any play was my spinning WIP.
I finished the weaving portion of the wall hanging and now I'm just embellishing. I wanted to incorporate some beads made from natural materials, but it was too hard to do while weaving. I'm now going back to the areas where I want beads and adding them in. I spun a thin single from some leftover cream Corriedale and I'm using that to add the beads in the light areas. I split a length of 2-ply brown handspun to use in the darker areas.
So this is what it looks like at the moment:
and a couple of shots of the beads:
You'll see an unwoven area in a couple of the pictures. I am wrapping 3 warp threads together in handspun Finn. I haven't gotten very far in this process because it's time-consuming. I might add beads to that section, too, but I haven't decided yet.
WIP Roll Call
WIPs in Rotation:
- Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
- Stuck in Neutral wall hanging (weaving) [Ravelry]
Off the loom and embellishing
- Stormy Affection (knitting) [Ravelry]
Still working on the second (striped) section. Slow going...boring knitting
- Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
- Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
WIPs To Be:
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.