This is Holly Berries [Ravelry]:
and the close-up:
Merino-silk top (4.6 oz) from Wonderland Dyeworks;
219.6 yds chain-ply, 11 WPI
- On Saturday, we took the train to San Francisco and met the Daughter for lunch. We walked down the Embarcadero to a little Peruvian restaurant and made a meal from their small plate selections. We walked around the Ferry Building for a bit before heading home. It was a gorgeous day in the City with only a little wind here and there. A wonderful way to spend the afternoon.
- Because the train trip was over an hour, I spent the time knitting a cowl. This could end up being a gift, so I'm not posting a picture here.
- I walked 13,589 steps on Saturday, a personal best for me! And I paid for it on Sunday with very sore hips and calves!
- I joined the Loopy Academy, which requires that you finish a set of 3 projects in 3 months (a semester). You post pictures of your finished projects the the Loopy Ewe website gallery. The first semester assignments are to knit a cowl, a hat, and mittens using a specific amount of yarn and specific weights. Follow the link above for more info if you're interested.
- Yes, I am a little crazy to take on 3 knitting projects to be completed by the end of the year.
- And, DARN! I had to order yarn from the Loopy Ewe for the projects (one of the requirements). ;-)
- I did a little spinning, but really didn't have time to do much else craft-wise this weekend.