Tuesday, September 09, 2014

F.O. and Top-of-the-WavesTuesday...

...I finished something over the weekend!

This is Holly Berries [Ravelry]:

Holly Berries handspun

and the close-up:

Holly Berries handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 8/23/14;
Finished 9/7/14;
Merino-silk top (4.6 oz) from Wonderland Dyeworks;
219.6 yds chain-ply, 11 WPI

Top-of-the-Waves:
  • On Saturday, we took the train to San Francisco and met the Daughter for lunch. We walked down the Embarcadero to a little Peruvian restaurant and made a meal from their small plate selections. We walked around the Ferry Building for a bit before heading home. It was a gorgeous day in the City with only a little wind here and there. A wonderful way to spend the afternoon.
Bay Bridge
  • Because the train trip was over an hour, I spent the time knitting a cowl. This could end up being a gift, so I'm not posting a picture here.
     
  • I walked 13,589 steps on Saturday, a personal best for me! And I paid for it on Sunday with very sore hips and calves!
     
  • I joined the Loopy Academy, which requires that you finish a set of 3 projects in 3 months (a semester). You post pictures of your finished projects the the Loopy Ewe website gallery. The first semester assignments are to knit a cowl, a hat, and mittens using a specific amount of yarn and specific weights. Follow the link above for more info if you're interested.
     
  • Yes, I am a little crazy to take on 3 knitting projects to be completed by the end of the year.
     
  • And, DARN! I had to order yarn from the Loopy Ewe for the projects (one of the requirements). ;-)
     
  • I did a little spinning, but really didn't have time to do much else craft-wise this weekend.
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...