Tuesday, September 02, 2014

F.O. Tuesday and the weekend report...

...welcome to September! It was a very productive weekend.

For today's finished objects, here is Toulouse:

Toulouse handspun
and the close up:

Toulouse handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 7/7/14;
Finished 8/30/14;
Merino-silk top (3.9 oz)  from the Yarn Wench;
started on the spindle and finished on the wheel;
379.7 yds chain-ply, 16 WPI

It took forever to ply, but I'm very happy how it turned out.

Spinning is the best craft to do while watching the latest episode of Outlander, so I also spun quite a bit of Holly Berries, a merino-silk from Wonderland Dyeworks. Photo tomorrow.

On the quilting front, I pieced the backing for the quilt and finished the quilt sandwich for I'm Just Mad About Citron.  Photo tomorrow.

I worked on the Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint) for a bit. My goal is to finish stitching the outside border so I work on the interior separators.

I also worked on a stealth project...my target is Thanksgiving, so there's no great rush for it (yet).

The mermaid didn't get any play this weekend. I need to get back to her soon!

I'll get a recap together as soon as I can...
.



No comments:

Another Finished Object...

 ...yay! I finished the first yarn on my new Lendrum DT. I tried a 2-ply and it turned out OK. Using the plying head was not as smooth...