Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...the weekend report.

PIQF
I had a great time at PIQF. There were a lot of interesting art quilts and a lot of traditional quilts. I pretty much blew past the traditional quilts. I appreciate the effort and skill that goes into them, but my eye will always be drawn to the unusual, colorful, or down-right odd quilt.

I'm still processing my pictures, but here are a couple that caught my eye.

I love the colors in Firmament by Brigitte Morgenroth of Germany:

Firmament quilt, detail

And I loved the bees in Coreopsis by Bernadine Hine of Australia.

Coreopsis quilt, bee detail

I have a 2014 PIQF album on Flickr with a few more photos; I'll add to it as I get a chance.

(And, yes, I bought a little fabric...it's in the Flickr photo album.)

Alcea Cowl [Ravelry]
I finished knitting the cowl. I washed and blocked it. I'm waiting for it to dry so I can sew the ends together and call it done. So my first project for Loopy Academy is almost done!

Wurm Hat [Ravelry]
I started my second project for Loopy Academy: A hat by a designer that's new to me; the yarn must be sport or DK weight.   I love the yarn and the color Lepidoptera is a lovely rose color. This is a definitely a feminine-looking hat.

Other Weekend Activities
Or should I say, things that I didn't do on the weekend. I did not work on the quilt, the mermaid, or the stealth project. I did not mop the floors like I wanted to. (Not totally my fault...it's easier to do this when the Husband isn't home. We were gone at the same time, so it didn't happen.)

I did make some lovely potato and bacon soup for dinner on Sunday. It's been at least 10 years since I've made it and I had to call Mom to get a reminder of what she put in it.  I combined her instructions with a recipe I found for Slow Cooker Potato Soup. It is quite yummy! I'll have to write up the complete recipe so I can make it again in the winter.
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...