Wednesday, November 19, 2014

WIP-it Wednesday...

...and some things are getting checked off the list!

First, a picture of the Sweetwater Spring handspun that's in progress:

Sweetwater Spring handspun, singles

I did my Williams-Sonoma run today--I now have my dry brine and gravy base. I might have purchased some piecrust cutters, too. ;-)

While I was at Stanford Shopping Center, I took a quick trip to the Container Store, one of my favorite places to shop. They had some decorated waxed tissue paper that I can use for the cookie containers, plus the Christmas mini-loaf pans that I use for the pumpkin breads. Score!

Last night, I pulled out all of my Christmas cookie recipes and reviewed them. I picked the ones I want to make again this year and earmarked a couple of new ones to try. We'll see how that goes.

I also located all of the recipes for Thanksgiving dinner.  I probably won't cycle anything new into the mix, unless I see a green vegetable dish that I like better than my steam green beans with almonds and shallots. Next, I need to make a massive shopping list  for the weekend.

I'm still a little behind, but at least I'm feeling better about T-day and baking!

WIP Roll Call

WIPs in Rotation:

  • Loopy Mittens (was Raspberry Mittens) [Ravelry]
    Frogged the thumbs and backtracked to knit the hands first. I'm about 6 rows into the hands for both mittens. So far, so good!
  • Sweetwater Spring handspun (spinning) [Ravelry
    Singles are done. Just need to ply!
  • Stealth project
    Worked a little on it over the week. I'm making slow progress on this.
WIPs, no play this week:
  1. Ghouls, ghosts, and witches...oh, my! (cross stitch)
  2. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry
  3. I'm Just Mad About Citron Quilt (quilting)
  4. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  5. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  4. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...