First, a picture of the Sweetwater Spring handspun that's in progress:
I did my Williams-Sonoma run today--I now have my dry brine and gravy base. I might have purchased some piecrust cutters, too. ;-)
While I was at Stanford Shopping Center, I took a quick trip to the Container Store, one of my favorite places to shop. They had some decorated waxed tissue paper that I can use for the cookie containers, plus the Christmas mini-loaf pans that I use for the pumpkin breads. Score!
Last night, I pulled out all of my Christmas cookie recipes and reviewed them. I picked the ones I want to make again this year and earmarked a couple of new ones to try. We'll see how that goes.
I also located all of the recipes for Thanksgiving dinner. I probably won't cycle anything new into the mix, unless I see a green vegetable dish that I like better than my steam green beans with almonds and shallots. Next, I need to make a massive shopping list for the weekend.
I'm still a little behind, but at least I'm feeling better about T-day and baking!
WIP Roll Call
WIPs in Rotation:
- Loopy Mittens (was Raspberry Mittens) [Ravelry]
Frogged the thumbs and backtracked to knit the hands first. I'm about 6 rows into the hands for both mittens. So far, so good!
- Sweetwater Spring handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
Singles are done. Just need to ply!
- Stealth project
Worked a little on it over the week. I'm making slow progress on this.
- Ghouls, ghosts, and witches...oh, my! (cross stitch)
- Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
- I'm Just Mad About Citron Quilt (quilting)
- Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
- Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
- Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.