Wednesday, January 21, 2015

WIP-it Wednesday...

...in which we have one-step-forward and two-steps-back versions.

First, I'll show you the singles for Walking on the Sun handspun [Ravelry]:

Walking on the Sun handspun, singles

This is a very happy and bright colorway. For a change, I spun this from end to end; I did not split the top at all. This should make for some nice long color runs.

In the one-step-forward version, I started working on the linen stitch scarf portion of Be My Baby. I was struggling switching to size US 17 needles (from US 10.5). Aside from the needle size difference, my size 17 circulars were Susan Bates, which are all plastic. The yarn simply would not move on the plastic and it was painful to get a row done.

At lunchtime, I went across the street to Jo-Ann and bought the Boye version of US 17 that are made from aluminum. They are much better than the plastic ones.

In the two-steps-back version, I knit about 8 rows of the linen stitch for Be My Baby and realized that I was inconsistently knitting through the back loop (KBL) for the knit stitches. This pattern specifies a regular knit stitch in row 1 of the linen stitch pattern.  I had gotten so used to doing KBL for the twisted rib sleeve that my brain defaulted to KBL. If I was doing KBL consistently, I might be able to ignore it, but no... Thank goodness I put in a lifeline in the last row of the sleeve! I frogged the linen stitch rows and will now attempt to do the linen stitch as written.

[Sigh]

WIP Roll Call

WIPs in Rotation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Working on the scarf portion
  2. I'm Just Mad About Citron Quilt (quilting)
    Machine quilting is done, Need to bury the threads, sew on the binding, and make a label.
  3. Walking on the Sun [Ravelry]
    Time to ply!
Works in Progress:
  1. Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Ghouls, ghosts, and witches...oh, my! (cross stitch)
  3. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
  4. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  5. Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
UFOs:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  3. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...