Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Finished Object for Tuesday...

...and some random stuff.

Here is the first look at my I'm Just Mad About Citron quilt:

I'm Just Mad About Citron quilt, first look

Specs:

Started 7/15/2014;
Finished 2/1/2015;
No pattern; most fabrics are from Michael Miller's Citron/Gray fabric collections
Machine quilted


Not the best picture in the world, but you get the idea. I'm still struggling with taking pictures of things that contain a lot of white. I decided enough was enough and I signed up for a Craftsy class "Shoot it! A Product Photography Primer." It has a lot of positive reviews for photographing knitting pattern photos. I hope that there will be some useful tips that I can use to photograph quilts.

Top of the waves:
  1. Spin-In was fun! I started spinning Goat Rock [Ravelry], a Polworth-Silk that I purchased from Royal Hare at last year's Stitches West. I'm not happy with the way the polworth is drafting--it's very sticky. But, I made decent progress and have a little more than 2 ounces let to spin.
  2. Be My Baby for My Baby [Ravelry]  is also progressing. I've knit 8.5 inches of the 67 inches required for the scarf portion. I was able to move over to straight needles, which is much better than the circular for this portion. It is going to be a long haul as the large needles combined with the linen stitch are very hard on the hands.
  3. No new rodent sightings nor any nibbles in either car. Hooray!
  4. I actually worked on Turquoise Trail on Sunday!
  5. I also worked on Ghouls, ghosts, and witches...oh, my! (cross stitch)!
I can't believe that Stitches West is next week! I'm working on my vendor map, marking up the booths I want to visit and potential new sources of fiber.
 
Guess I really need to look at the required supplies for my class...
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...