Wednesday, February 04, 2015

WIP-it Wednesday, and a finish...

...and whoa, it's Wednesday already!

I was planning on posting yesterday, but the day ended before I could get to it.

Over the weekend I actually finished two projects. On Saturday, the last day of January, I finished the Walking on the Sun handspun [Ravelry].

Walking on the Sun handspun

and a close up:

Walking on the Sun handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 1/10/2015;
Finished 1/31/2015;
Sea Monster top (4 oz) from Dragonfly Fibers;
204.7 yds chain-ply, 13 WPI

I tried very hard to finish the quilt on Saturday, but it didn't happen. I finished I'm Just Mad About Citron quilt on Sunday, the first day of February...oh, well! No photos yet because I need to find a location with good lighting to get some decent pictures.

I'm making slow progress on Be My Baby and I actually worked on a cross stitch piece!  With Stitches West coming up in a couple of weeks and Loopy Academy starting up again, it would be good to make progress on my existing projects before I start something new!

WIP Roll Call

WIPs in Rotation:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
    Restarted on the scarf portion for the third time
  2. Ghouls, ghosts, and witches...oh, my! (cross stitch)
    Working on the bottom half of the design; about 30% done
Works in Progress:
  1. Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
  3. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  4. Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
UFOs:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  3. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
In the Queue:
Loopy Academy projects, with a focus on techniques
  • Striping: Striped Stockinette Snake [Ravelry]
  • Felting/Fulling: Oatmeal Bonnet [Ravelry]
  • Slipped Stitches: Irisa Cowl (although I'll probably leave it as a scarf  [Ravelry]

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...