Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Top-of-the-Waves Tuesday...

...and the weekend report.
  • One of the two fabric orders for the commission quilt arrived on Friday, so I took photos of the fabric and incorporated it into the design. The second order arrived on Monday. It's been photographed and incorporated as well. Now I need to organize the fabrics and decide how big I want the squares.
  • I finished weaving the Dreams of Amethyst shawl. I need to do the hem stitching so I can cut it off the loom. Then, it's bath time! I can't wait to see how this bamboo yarn feels after washing.
  • I stared a second project for Loopy Academy. I wanted something easy to knit while I watched the Outlander marathon and I figured the Oatmeal Bonnet was a good choice. I've renamed it the Parritch Bonnet [Ravelry] because it was more Scot.  I really need to get a move on these Loopy Academy projects and this was one way to do so!
  • The Daughter came by on Sunday for a quick visit. It's always good to see her in person--you can't hug text messages, phone calls, or emails. :)
  • Th Husband has been busy replacing the carpeting on our stair landing with a laminate floor. Given that the carpeting was installed at least 35 years ago, it was way overdue!
  • I did a little spinning on Saturday. I finished one art yarn (don't remember the name) hat I auto-plied with copper thread. I also spun the singles on another art yarn (Mermaid Wild Card Bling Batt from the Yarn Wench [Ravelry]). I want to ply the Mermaid singles with beaded thread. I have the thread, but I need to buy beads that will reflect the colors in the fiber.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...