The latest WIP is the handspun that I started at Spin-On. This is Sochi [Ravelry], a camel-silk from Greenwood Fiberarts:
I'm spinning it end-to-end and love the resulting long color-runs.
I mentioned that I went through my needlepoint projects to look for an alternative to Tucson Twilight. Here's a look at the project that I want to start:
This is Santa Fe #5, a painted canvas by Tish Holland. I'm not sure when I bought this, but the shop is long gone, so at least 10 years ago. I had pulled all the threads for this project before filing it away in the stash. However, I don't have the stitch guide for it. When I bought the canvas, it did not come with the guide, unlike some of the other Tish canvases I purchased.
I have stitched two other pieces in the series, so I can use their instructions for the border, pottery, and character's hair. The best I can do for the rest of it is use a photo of the finished piece and wing it. It will be challenge!
WIP Roll Call
- Stealth Commission Project (quilting)
Did a preliminary layout of the top. Cycled out a supplemental fabric that was too bright
- Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
Frogged about 16 rows because I didn't like the way that the increases looked. Trying to decide whether to try adding increases again or just forgetting about it.
- Sochi handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
Spun about 40% of the singles
- Santa Fe #5 (needlepoint)
Adding to the rotation. Will start on the border first while I figure out what to do with the rest of it.
- Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
- Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
- Wild Turquoise handspin (spinning) [Ravelry]
- Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
- Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
Started a different section because I was bored with the other one. This project contains way too much brown.
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.