I spent a part of Saturday and part of Sunday photographing completed stitching projects. Originally, I thought I only had to photograph my needlerolls, scissor fobs, and ornaments--lots of items all on their own. Then I realized that I really didn't have photos of many flat items (read: stitching intended for framing or pillows) either, so I pulled them out to take photos.
In the midst of the items I expected to see, I found several things that I'd forgotten I had done, many of which date back to the 70s and 80s. Wow...that was a trip down memory lane! I found a series of crewel pictures that I'd stitched for the Daughter when she was a toddler, a ribbon embroidery piece, and a needlepoint Siamese cat that I stitched before she was born.
The needlepoint and crewel items were interesting because the wool yarn has a distinctive smell...much different that the yarns produced now. There are a couple of places where the yarn is broken, probably due to bugs. In the beginning I didn't know about storing wool items to protect them from bug damage. Given how old they are, I'm surprised that the damage isn't more than a couple of stitches.
I also found some unfinished items, at least two of which will remain unfinished. One is a square pillow top with cross stitch poppies and a monarch butterfly. I had finished the center motif and was working on the corner motifs. Another square pillow top has cross stitch violets with two borders. I had finished the center violets motif and the inside border and was working on the outside border. This piece was also dirty from the embroidery hoop that I'd used. I washed it with some Orvus, which got most of it out.
I also found a cross stitch Christmas ornament that I started in 2005 (I think). I worked on that and finished the stitching Sunday night. It just needs to be pressed before I can add the charm and do the finishing.
Anyway, I did manage to get the photos taken and I'm gradually uploading them to Flickr after a bit of editing.
WIP Roll Call
- Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
Pulled this out of the UFO pile and cycled out Be My Baby.
- Stealth Commission Project (quilting)
Still working on the layout of the top.
- Santa Fe #5 (needlepoint)
Still stitching the pottery
- Scardy Sheep Scissor Fob (cross Stitch)
- Shepherd's Bush Christmas Ornament 2004
Need to press, add the charm, and do the finish work. May hold off on the finish work until I have 2 or 3 items that require finish work.
- Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Halloween Phat Fiber samples (spinning) [Ravelry]
- Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
- Sochi handspun (spinning) [Ravelry]
- Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
- Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
- Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
- Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
- A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.