Friday, July 31, 2015

F.O. and Eye Candy Friday...

...last one for July!

With the drought, it's harder and harder to find things to photograph in the backyard. Even with the drip irrigation system, some of our flowers are just drying up.

Our cilantro plant bolted and now we have some nice coriander seeds growing:

Coriander in progress

Our Asian Pear is doing OK:

Asian Pears

The Lion's Tail is blooming, just now as much as previous years:

Lion's Tail

And our crazy berry plants are setting blossoms again. They haven;t realized it's almost August:

Berry blossom

In the F.O. (Finished Object) category, here is Santa Fe #5:

Santa Fe #5, finished

Specs:
Started 5/25/15
Finished 7/25/15
Painted canvas by Tish Holland
DMC floss; DMC Medici wool; Kreinik metallics; Needle Necessities overdyed floss

I also finished the stitching for the Happy Wishes scissor fob:

Happy Wishes scissor fob

Specs:
Started 7/14/15
Stitching completed 7/30/15
Happy Wishes Fob kit from Shepherd's Bush

It's now joined the other items that need finishing. There are 2 other fobs to finish, so now I can do all of them assembly-line style.

Up this weekend: Saturday will be a big laundry day. I have all of the sheets and towels to do from our house guests in addition to our normal items.

While the laundry's going, I can cut the borders for the commission quilt and finish the top. I finally found a backing fabric that I liked and ordered it yesterday. When that arrives, I can sandwich this puppy and start the machine quilting.

I keep finding cross stitch projects where I've started a row or 2 and then put it aside. This used to happen because I'd start something while I was at a cross stitch festival during my down time and then never picked it back up when I got home. I found another one last night: A sheep scissor fob kit from Ewe and Eye and Friends. That will be the next small piece to work on.

I need to get back to the current mermaid, too. Never enough time in a week!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...