Wednesday, July 22, 2015

WIP-it Wednesday and a Tour de Fleece update...

...spinning progress has slowed down.

We are trying to get our house in shape for my niece and her family.  They arrive Saturday so we are rearranging my studio as temporary sleeping quarters. My work table can be easily reconfigured to fit against the fabric bookcases because it is two small bookcases and a desktop. One of the reasons that I never permanently connected them was so I could move it by myself. That was a good plan!

Turning part of the studio into a guest room means that I can't easily access my spinning wheel. I'm spindle spinning for now.

Tour de Fleece, Day 17 (7/20) and Day 18 (7/21):
Spinning the singles for a 2.0 oz. batt from Purlescence Yarns. I received this batt as a prize for participating on Team Spinning Purls in 2013. It feels right to spin it during Tour de Fleece! This is Empress handspun [Ravelry] so far:

Empress handspun

I might not be able to finish this one by the end of the tour, but I'm going to try to squeeze in one more art yarn. We'll see!

WIPs:

Worked on:
  • Empress handspun [Ravelry]
    Working on first copp on a KCL Woods spindle
  • Santa Fe #5 (needlepoint)
    Completed 75% of the white background stitches
  • Stealth Commission project (quilting)
    Washed and pressed the border fabrics. Since I can't get to the sewing machine at the moment, it's on hold.
Works In Progress, did not work on:
  • Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  • Beyond Antares, aka Equatorial Nights (knitting) [Ravelry]
  • Happy Wishes Scissor Fob (cross stitch)
  • Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Going Snow Global quilt (quilting)
  3. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)\
  5. Tuscon Twilight (needlepoint)
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...