Friday, August 21, 2015

Eye Candy Friday...

...and not a moment too soon! I'm very ready for a regular weekend.

Today's eye candy are the promised rose photos from the Immaculate Conception Church in Tres Pinos, CA. This church is where they held the memorial mass and service for my late Aunt Alice.

The grounds have some lovely old rose bushes. Some of my favorites are this yellow rose by the entrance of the church:

Yellow roses

This bi-color rose:

Full blown bi-color rose

This peach rose:

Peach rose

and this orange rose in a very sunny part of the grounds:

Orange rose

The church is across the highway from a landing area for hang gliders and paragliders. We got to see a few of them while we were there.

Paraglider in Tres Pinos 1

Up this weekend: Two whole days of crafting!

My plan is to spend the majority of the time machine quilting the commission piece. I want to see how far I can get. because the quilting is simple, It might be possible to finish this weekend unless I let creativity get the best of me!

I'll also spend a bit of time on Stealth Commission Project #2. It will take a backseat to the main projects, but I'd like to spend a little time on it.

In between, when it gets too hot to quilt, I'll work on a stitchery project or the Halos of Hope hat.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...