Friday, October 02, 2015

Eye Candy Friday...

...Happy October!

Today's eye candy is a combination of cut flowers and garden flowers.

When I delivered the commissioned quilt, my client gave me a small bouquet of flowers. It's very cut, and perfect for my desk at work.

Small bouquet

I haven't had a bouquet that contains ornamental cabbage before. It's very cool:

Ornamental cabbage in a bouquet

Our hibiscus bush is going strong:

Hibiscus 1

Our roses, on the other hand, are dying of thirst. They haven't bloomed in quite a while an a couple of the bushes look dead. That's why it is was a complete surprise when I saw that the pink rosebush had a few flowers this morning:

Pink rose

Up this weekend: I need to take my sewing machine to the shop and have it tuned. It gets really hot after a couple of hours and I want to make sure that it's not dying on me. That would be sad as I love this machine!

I need to catch up on some of the housework that was neglected while I was in quilting mode. In particular, my studio looks like it's been through a tornado...scraps, thread, and dust everywhere!

As for craft projects, I just finished row 51 of 62 on Beyond Antares [Ravelry] and I'd like to get closer to done this weekend. I'm also debating whether to do Socktoberfest, but Beyond Antares takes precedence.  Then there are all of the other projects I have in process.

Yeah, there's always another WIP...
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...