Friday, October 30, 2015

Last Eye Candy for October...

...and I don't have much.

This rogue sweet pea bush showed up in our front yard:

Rogue Sweet Pea Bush

This was taken just after the small rainstorm we had earlier in the week. And that's all I have...

Up this weekend: Other than giving out candy to the trick-or-treaters tomorrow, we have nothing specific planned.

I do need to make sure that I have enough candy. Since one of our neighbors started having a haunted house, the number of kids who come to our door has increased significantly. I think we've seen the last of the 2 trick-or-treater Halloweens.

I ended up frogging the Canto de Sirena shawl [Ravelry] that I started last weekend. I wasn't happy with the way it looked. Since I wasn't that far into it, I decided to frog now rather than waiting until I completed the first pattern repeat. I'd like to make a bit more progress on the shawl over the weekend.

Now that I have the fabric for my next sewing project, I'll to get the pieces cut out and start working on them. While not a completely stealth project, as the recipient knows I'm working on it, I am not sharing too many of the details as I'd like her to be as surprised as possible.

If I have time, I'd like to see whether my wheel will hold up long enough to finish the yak-silk I have in progress. If not, I'll take it into the shop for repair.

And I really should get my sewing machine in for a tuneup. However, I don't think I can have both my spinning wheel and my sewing machine in the shop at the same time. The world might end!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...