- The Husband's cold caught up with me Wednesday night. I ended up missing work on Thursday and Friday.
- Our house guest arrived Wednesday night in the midst all of this coughing and cold stuff. I hope he didn't catch it!
- I was feeling better by Friday night and actually did some knitting.
- The Daughter came for a quick visit on Friday. She was going to her high school's homecoming game with a friend. Her HS is just a block away. It was a brief visit, but it's just as well because we didn't want her to catch our colds.
- Because I was sick, there was no Eye Candy Friday last week.
- On Saturday, I felt good enough to brave the crowds at Pacific International Quilt Festival. In addition to looking at the beautiful quilts, I wanted to check out the Christmas fabric. I have a request for a project and I had hoped to find something that would work. No such luck. I spent a couple of hours taking photos of my favorite quilts and then decided to go home and crash.
- Saturday night was our company's 25th anniversary celebration dinner. It was held at a lovely old Italian restaurant. The food was great! We had a little entertainment, but not too much, and a couple of speeches, but not too long. It was a wonderful evening.
- On Sunday, I finished knitting the Blue No-Noro Spiral hat I started in August. I had a lot of problems with this hat, mostly due to the needles I was using and just plain old user error. I've made this hat at least 3 times before, so I knew the pattern was fine. Sometimes things just don't go smoothly. Photos to follow.
- I have a new hat model. Her name is Blanca and I bought her at Michael's a couple of weeks ago. I've been wanting a Styrofoam head to use for hat photos and Michael's had a bunch for Halloween. She's got a couple of dings, but nothing major. Teddy gave sigh of relief because hats just bury him. :) Blanca will model the new hat.
...it's been an interesting few days since I last posted.
...and heading into full-on baking mode! With the time change and shorter days, I have more opportunities to take sunrise photos. Here'...
...first one for September. Things are winding down in the garden. Our cherry tomato plant is in peak production mode. The abutilon i...
...not a lot of progress is happening right now. And it's started raining again, so not outside photo shoots until that stops. All I r...
...and Happy October! While I got a few things done over the weekend, it's not as much as I wanted. I did a Jo-Ann's run to buy f...