Wednesday, February 10, 2016

WIP-it Wednesday, some catch-up...

...and the countdown to Stitches West begins! It's one week away!

I finally took the time to go through the vendor list and identify the booths to stop at first. I marked up my Erin-of-the-map map (2-page PDF here) and transferred the markings to the PDF version. I've printed out 3 copies and I'm set to go on that front.

Over the weekend, I located my badge holder and started making a stack of things that go with me. I haven't quite decided which knitting project I'll take. I'd love to get some traction on Canto de Sirena [Ravelry], but it's not exactly a mindless project. I already have a couple of hats to donate to Halos of Hope, but maybe I should just work on another one for them.

I finished a cross stitch project over the weekend. This is Be Happy by Shepherd's Bush:

Be Happy cross stitch

Specs:
Started 1/17/16
Completed 2/7/16
Nashville Market version by Shepherd’s Bush

This was a special design for one of the Nashville Needlework Markets a few years ago. I found out after I finished stitching it that the designer had issued this as regular chart and used a red colorway for the words that made them stand out from the rest of the design. Too late for me!

Also over the weekend, I pulled out a cross stitch sampler design that I started several years ago. It's nearly complete, but needs to be test-stitched on linen. I pulled some Weeks Dyeworks and Sampler Threads to use and searched through my linen stash to find a nice 28-count fabric.

It's a good thing I looked, because some of the linen on the bottom of the container had gotten wet during one of the rainstorms and it had rust and mildew spots. I don't use plastic storage containers for stash because of the smell they leave in the materials. Dampness is the one drawback of using canvas containers for storage. I lined the bottom of the linen container with some plastic bags. I hope that they won't make the materials too smelly.

**WIP Roll Call**

Worked on:
  • Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  • Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  • Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
Works In Progress, did not work on:
  1. Empress handspun [Ravelry]
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  3. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  4. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  5. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
WIPs To Be:

  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...