Thursday, March 24, 2016

Well, hello Thursday...

...I'm not sure what happened to the rest of the week, not to mention Eye Candy Friday last week.  I can blame it mostly on a work project that keeps me heads-down.  I've surfaced for now, so let's play catch-up.

Eye Candy Friday:
Spring is everywhere in the garden. The irises are starting to bloom:

Iris-to-be

Weekend report:
  • Worked on Mermaid's Tale (weaving) [Ravelry
  • Looked through my queued needlework projects and found a canvaswork piece that is nearly finished. I had totally forgotten about it! It's time to add that to the rotation.
  • Officially put Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry] into hibernation. I'll put it back in rotation when I'm ready to face it again.
  • I cast on the Castra shawl. I bought the pattern and yarn at Stitches West this year. I named my project Costa del Mar [Ravelry] because the yarn reminds me of the coast.
  • I tried spinning on Sunday and it worked. I had to take lots of breaks so I wouldn't overdo the hurt ankle, but I successfully plied Sweet Heat [Ravelry]. Hurray!
  • I finally got a somewhat decent photo of the Leaf cross stitch that I finished the week before.
Here is Sweet Heat:

Sweet Heat handspun

and the close up:

Sweet Heat handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 2/13/16
Finished 3/20/16
Falkland top (4.1 oz) from the Yarn Wench
234.5 yds. chain-plied; 13 WPI

This is Leaf:

Leaf cross stitch

Specs:
Started 2/8/16
Finished 3/13/16
Monthly musing by Shepherd’s Bush

Monday's Craft Coffee:
I continued to work on the Citrus Hat (knitting) [Ravelry]. I have about half an inch left to knit before I can start the decreases. I should be able to finish it this month. Another hurray!

And finally, the latest WIPs roll call:

Worked on:
Works In Progress, did not work on:
  1. Be My Baby for My Baby (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Empress handspun [Ravelry
  3. Valley of the Heart's Delight sampler design (cross stitch)
UFOs/Hibernation:
  1. Canto de Sirena shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  2. Celaeno Shawl (knitting) [Ravelry]
  3. Mermaid of the Pearls (cross stitch)
  4. Peacock Pomatomus socks (knitting) [Ravelry]
  5. Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  6. Tucson Twilight (needlepoint)
WIPs To Be:
  • A peacock or mermaid quilt for me.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...